A 2011 Challenge

Last year, a bunch of my friends the blogs I follow challenged themselves by taking a picture everyday in 2010. I'm not sure where the "resolution" came from, but I enjoyed looking at their life through their camera lens. And have decided to try it myself this year. I think it'll be a good way to get more familiar with my DSLR camera (which I currently use as if it's a "Point-and-Shoot") and will hopefully help me get back to blogging without the pressure of having to write more than a sentence or two. I can't promise that the pictures will be POSTED every day, but they will be TAKEN each day.

UPDATE: (October 2011) My laptop died back in March. It took a looooooong time to get it back. I'm working on uploading pictures I took while I was computer-less. But I'll be honest...there definitely wasn't 1 picture a day. Maybe next year...

Friday, February 25, 2011

2/25/11 - The Student

What a great night!!! Emily taught a group of us about our cameras.  My goal is to stop using my DSLR as a Point-and-Shoot, so we learned all about composition, aperture, ISO, shutter speed, the rule of thirds, etc.  She even gave us homework (which I haven't done yet since kid #2 has strep).  Anyway, all around the room Friday night, this is what you saw.  I'm sure we all went home with hundreds of pictures just like this one!  (This future Ansel Adams was my daughter's 2nd grade teacher, by the way.)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that picture!!! Glad to see none of my crazy ones made it ;) lol. So glad you could come to the class, I really enjoyed having you there!!!! Talk to you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know I made it onto the blog! I love this idea of taking a picture everyday - might be my new years resolution for 2012. :) It would definitely help me get to know my camera better! As for this pic, I look like I know what I'm doing but that is definitely NOT the case, haha. I also love that you titled it "the student" - it was nice not to be the teacher for once! I also admittedly had to google the Ansel Adams reference - guess I'm no professional photographer yet, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete